Domain and WebHosting Services
When we first think about writing a blog or creating a landing page one of the first things we need to do is choose a Web Host. This is the place where you select an available URL (see my FREE eBook and where you would have your webpage/blog “hosted”.
This can provide a headache as there are over 500 web hosting companies as the following extract reveals,
Top 500 Web Hosts
Here is a list of the top ranked 500 web hosting companies according to Alexa.com. How does Alexa rankings work? Alexa rankings data is collected from users who have the Alexa Toolbar installed (more details from Alexa can be found here)
- Hostgator.com Website Hosting Services, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers. HostGator is a leading provider of website hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated servers. Discover why over 9,000,000 websites trust us for their hosting needs.
- Godaddy.com Domain Names | The World’s Largest Domain Name Registrar – GoDaddy. GoDaddy makes registering Domain Names fast, simple, and affordable. Find out why so many business owners chose GoDaddy to be their Domain Name Registrar.
- Bluehost.com The Best Web Hosting | Fast Professional Website Hosting Services – Bluehost. Bluehost is one of the largest and most trusted web hosting services powering millions of websites. Join Bluehost now and get a FREE domain name
For the other 497 see HERE
Now you’ll notice in the list above that Bluehost.com is in the first three of the five hundred and is described as,
“The Best Web Hosting | Fast Professional Website Hosting Services “
VALUE FOR MONEY?
Comparisons are always a vexed problem because, as we saw earlier, there are hundreds of different web hosting companies. But in the case of BlueHost.com it’s relatively easy to compare, being one of the top three in the world.
Check out these random reviews culled from the web.
“Bluehost is recommended by 162 out of 206 users”
“I have used Bluehost as web hosting in many of my other projects and have figured out them to be quite good.
Their servers are quite fast & their customer support is very responsive.Bluehost should be your No 1. choice if you are looking for a good “Value for Money” Web Hosting Company.”
“Although there is no free or trial option supplied by Bluehost.com the first paid service is relatively cheap, at only $3.49 / month. This account comes with 100 GB of website space (much more than offered elsewhere), a custom domain and around 50 GB of total email storage (100 accounts). We thought that this was outstanding as far as value for money, when taken into account to quality of the hosting and also what’s included.”
There are around 200 or more templates supplied by BlueHost.com, all available in a selection of colours. This is great for the first time user but some critics think it would be nice to have few more specialized templates, although this probably doesn’t matter for the first time user. This does however cater to the user who is very design specific as the number of designs and colours will give them a head start. But generally it’s best you use one of the thousands of WordPress themes, many of which are free and all of which can be hosted by BlueHost.com
In fact,”There are many hosting companies out there, but for a WordPress site, Bluehost should definitely be at the top of anyone’s list. Bluehost is the only hosting service officially recommended by WordPress and has been the number-one recommended hosting service for their platform for almost 10 years. There are many reasons why Bluehost is so highly recommended, but here are just a few:
- Premium customer service, reliability and usability
- Easy-to-use control panel
- Custom-built servers to provide the most stable and reliable hosting environment
- Quickly get started with our one-click WordPress install provided by MOJO Marketplace
- Expert, in-house technical support provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unlimited websites, email accounts, and domains – all on one account at an affordable price
- No gimmicks, no contracts. Enjoy the comfort of a 30-day money back guarantee and the option to cancel at any time.
HOW TO SIGN UP
To get started, go to Bluehost’s home page and click “Get Started Now”.
Here’s what it looks like.
Next, you need to choose a domain name for your site. If you already own a domain name, you can enter it here, and you will just have to go through a few extra steps to make sure you get your DNS pointed to Bluehost.com. If you don’t already have a domain name, you can purchase one from right in the sign up process, and the best part is, it comes free with your new “WordPress hosting account” purchase.
Filed under: Uncategorized