Starting Your Internet Business
If you’re like me and want a full time internet business then like me, you’ll find that it takes a little time and shouldn’t be rushed. But if your wise enough to take advice from others you’ll have no need to commit the mistakes others have made along their journey to success.
And the most important thing I have learnt is to avoid CONFUSION. there are literally millions of voices out there shouting at you, suggesting this, to do that, use my product, sell that , don’t sell this – so much s that your head reels from all of the noise, leaving you totally confused.
And that is, first and foremost, develop an organised planning program – either on a clipboard, in a notebook or as some authors do, using ‘sticky notes’ on a pin board.
If we were starting from the very beginning the program may take this style:
Investigate suitable products to promote
Learn how to promote these.
This would be your first page or first ‘sticky note’ and in reality each point becomes a chapter heading for the next page/sticky note. And notice, there’s no confusion, no mind muddles – just things you need to do in an organised chronological order to become successful.
The next step in an ordered approach would be to work on point #1 – “Develop Website/blog. This is the foundation to your whole online presence and there are a number of things to consider – let’s do it in order.
- Need to create a webpage name – called a URL (URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator, and is used to specify addresses on the World Wide Web.) This needs to be given some thought. Do you want to use your name? (like my URL “willmcallister.com) or do you want it to promote some product, service or sport – such as “SouthernStatesFishing.com”. This may become a consideration if you wanted to set up multiple webpages that you may consider selling later – and one with your name may not be sellable.
- Need to register the URL.There are a number of companies that offer this service for a reasonable fee- as well as “hosting” your webpage. I would suggest either GoDaddy.com or Bluehost.com. Both can register your URL (if the name is available) and host your website.
- Need to get a webpage. There are a number of ways to do this. Most companies offer custom made built platforms ( I used one for another business of mine “handsonhealthproducts.com” that I purchased from GoDaddy.com). However I would recommend that if you are looking to write a blog that you choose a WordPress Theme – and start with a free one to commence with. There are two types of these – one from WordPress.org where you are totally in control (recommended) and the other is WordPress.com where they control much of your page. If you are a beginner, start with a simple WordPress theme such as “Tiny Forge Theme” – it’s free and easy to use. Google it and download – your website host will help you in that regard.
Once you have done all the above (it looks like a lot but in reality it can take a couple of hours) you now have to spend a little time on setting up the webpage. Youtube offers some help in doing this (How to set up a WordPress Blog or similar) – or I offer a service to get you started at a reasonable price.
Investigating Sellable Products
On our Planning Program this is the next thing to do (if you weren’t already having a stickybeak whilst setting up your website).
There are a number of “products” out there.
- First there are Affiliate Programs. You become an affiliate sales person to a company selling a product or service that you promote on your webpage/blog. Everytime someone purchases the product through your blog you receive a commission – and it can amount to quite an amount of money. Several companies offer this service and amongst these are Clickbank, Google Ads, Amazon.com and the Directory of Enzines – see here (If you click on these and purchase a product i receive a commision and at no extra cost to you. But when you get your website running you can duplicate the process) and not to forget Aweber, the Autoresponder program – see here or check out the Aweber video in the sidebar.
- Besides these digital products, there are several companies offering tangible products, like health and fitness products – and more. The opportunities are endless.
Next,you need to promote your site and your products
There are numerous ways you can do this and social media is a good start.
Here’s a list of some.
- Facebook (see my last blog),
- Ezines (online magazines)
- Notice boards, both literal and online.
- Friends and family via “flyers”
- Solo Ads
And your advertising can be as extensive as any marketing company would provide. Think free giveaways (digital products), surveys, videos, prizes – to name a few.
And remember I offer a service for a fee to set up your web page to help you along the way.
Over 1.28 billion people use Facebook to connect with each other either for social or business purposes.
That’s a massive audience and would be coveted by any TV company or international newspaper. In fact the top five newspapers in the world come no where near those figures as the diagram below illustrates.
The top 10 U.S. newspapers by average weekday circulation October through March. The figures include digital editions such as those on tablet computers or restricted websites as well as branded editions, which include regional editions or those tailored for commuters.
1. The Wall Street Journal — 2,378,827 (includes 898,102 digital editions)
2. The New York Times — 1,865,318 (includes 1,133,923 digital editions)
3. USA Today — 1,674,306 (includes 249,900 digital editions)
4. Los Angeles Times — 653,868 (includes 177,720 digital editions and 43,275 branded editions)
5. Daily News of New York — 516,165 (includes 155,706 digital editions)
(According to the Huffington Post)
It stands to reason then that the enormity of the audience would be very appealing to any marketers.
But not only are the numbers appealing; Facebook has other attractions.
You can advertise for free on Facebook – and that to an enormouse international audience!
3 Ways To Advertise For Free
1 Place advertisements (posts) on your ‘Home’ page. That’s the page you share with all of your Facebook “friends” be they family, aquaintenances or whoever. They and their “friends” see your posts (advertisements). Imagine – if you have two hundred friends and each of these have only a hundred each – what the audience reach would be! 20,000! (Of course that’s if you have tweeked your Facebook “Privacy Settings” to allow your posts to be seen by “friends” of your “friend”). And don’t forget to use pictures or graphics to enliven your posts like the illustration below.
2 Start a second page – a business page (besides your personal page). These can be one of six varieties as per the following list:
- Local business or place (see my page here).
- Artist, band or public figure (see the Rolling Stone’s page – https://www.facebook.com/therollingstones).
- Company, organisation, or institution (see Coca Cola’s page – https://www.facebook.com/cocacolazero)
- Brand or product.
- Cause or community.
To get your own business page navigate the directions given by Facebook on this page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
There are two ways to advertise on this page.
The first way is to put up posts like you would on your personal page. These could be advertisements for a service you’re offering, or a motivational comment or a mini blog. By this means you are calling attention to yourself as the expert in whatever you’re doing or whatever you’re selling. Use pictures, illustrations or videos to enhance your post because it is said that people will stop and look at picture whereas they might overlook pure script.
The second way to advertise on this page is to promote your post/advert. You will notice in the bottom of the post a blue window with the words, “Boost Post”. when you click on this a ‘box’ appears and you are invited to promote your post for a cost. You can choose amounts from about $5 upwards – as well as targetting your viewers. They can be just the friends who like your page or people in selected countries as well as people with selected interests. For example you wouldn’t want to advertise gym equipment to a Sewing Group but imagine the value of being able to target fitness fanatics! And you can target any niche you want and that’s one of the great things about Facebook Marketing
3 Commence a “Group” page
There is over a thousand “groups” on Facebook each with there own pages. These are essentially groups of people with the same interests who have the opportunity to advertise their businesses within the group. Some of these groups have more than 30,000 members (a few over 200,000!) so you can appreciate why it is so beneficial to become a member of one of these.
See my video explaining some of the features and benefits of joining Facebook groups.
Some of them are what is called “Open” groups – that is anyone can join as long as they obey the rules of the group. These rules generally regulate what type of advertisement and how many a day you can post. Other groups are “Closed” and you can apply for membership or be invited – and these are generally for members to share ideas and to help each other.
Now here is the thing! You can create your own group. Imagine the authority this can give you especially if you use your own name or branding in the title. I created a group and called it, “Will McAllister’s Australian Network Marketers Advertising” – see HERE
All you need to do this is to join one of the other groups and you will see a window on top of the page called “+Create Group”. Click on this and provide the artwork to create your personal header (like you would a webpage) that will then be a permament advert for you for ever. And the beauty of these pages is that you can place a “pinned” advert on the top of the page. This advertisement (post) then remains in this position, on the top, whereas other advertiser’s adverts continuously move down the page as more posts are posted. And you can change the content of your pinned post whenever you like.
Finally there is one last way to market on Facebook but it’s not free but its much like the costs charged when you “boost post”.
You can create and advertisement that Facebook will promote themselves on the sides of everyone’s pages. the more you pay the greater spread of the advertisement. Once again you can target these advertisements to particular groups, interests and countries. In the Facebook blue colored bar across the top of the page and in the extreme right hand corner you will see an inverted (upside down) pyramid (a directional symbol). Click on this and you will see some actions you are able to access – one of these is “Create Ads”. Follow the directions and Facebook will help you create an advert suitable for what you are promoting. Have a look at these examples taken from my facebook “Home” page:
Facebook Marketing – Outside Helps
Beside all the information above to get you started there are third party helps to invigorate your campaigns. One of these is called Post Planner and helps you automatically to post in numerous Facebook groups, as well as advising you on all aspects of Facebook advertising. See it HERE.
Or if you need more hands on help this lady offers her services (for a fee)Click Here!
Finally, another way of advertising along with Facebook is the Directory of Enzines. This company is run by Charlie Page and he has a collection of online magazines that you can advertise through. There is a fee to join but once in, not only do you have vast areas in which to advertise, Charlie is always sending helpful advice through emails. See it HERE
To your success,
Will Mcallister is a Internet Entrepeneur as well as a health professional – and an author of three books, the last being a juvenile fiction, “Sam Rivers and the Night Rustlers” (Available from Amazon Kindle. He can also be found on Twitter (@Willwilmac) Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Slideshare and Youtube.
STARTING INTERNET BUSINESSES?
There are over a thousand groups on Facebook involving millions of internet entrepeneurs all of whom had to start internet businesses. Some received help; some muddled their way through.
Most found a niche in an internet business (or several) and are actively advertising their products or services.
Some of the more knowledgeable use multiple social mediums, paid advertisements, and promos as well as Facebook. Unfortunately it is suggested that 95% of these ventures fail, so it pays to carefully investigate each and every business before committing yourself and your money.
This raises the inevitable question, “What is the best internet business?” And it is this question we hope to answer in this article.
This video explains a little about starting an Interent Business.
A Short Catalogue Of ‘Internet Businesses‘
- Niche Businesses. These generally cater for people involved in particular interests, like hobbyists (think model railway enthusiasts). Unless you have a new aspect to present you probably won’t break into this market.
- Health Products. It is said that the “weight loss” business is amongst the biggest in the on line industry. And there are a huge amount to choose from so choose carefully. For example, “SkinnyBody Care” is a company selling weight loss capsules. See here for a contact (not associated with me).These capsules once swallowed, distend the stomach and prevent over eating and apparently are amongst the most popular products on the market.
- OnLine Stores. A number of people are involved in these. You market a product/s over the web. To do this you have to either physically post the article to your purchaser yourself, or as an agent for a larger organization, let them do the shipping. Some niche businesses do well with on line stores. I recall one lady with a booming business selling specially created sympathy and get well cards. Generally there are no taxes (VAT, GST) associated with this sort of product and postage is minimal. Your imagination is the limit.
- Affiliate. This is one of the most popular and easiest ways to get an online business established. All you need to do is sign up with a business as an affiliate (often at no cost) and then begin advertising their product and receive a fee for any sales. These fees can be substantial. For example check out www.clickbank.com
- Networking This is really the core of all online businesses as well as other network marketing systems. Amway, for example is notable amongst network marketing businesses (and the biggest in the world).
- Here is a good description of Network Marketing:
“You become a member, distributor, consultant, representative (whatever you want to call yourself) of a company that provides a product or service as well as administrative and marketing support.Your income has no limits and comes from selling these products or services and from recruiting others into Your network ( like you were) to likewise sell these products or services – and recruit others into their network.The attractive part about network marketing is that it costs very little to operate and it can be run from home and in and around everyday family life – as well as having a group of dedicated networkers each helping one another to achieve success”. (From the book, “Be a Network Marketing Superstar” by Mary Christensen with Wayne Christensen).
Critics often describe Network Marketing as “pyramid schemes” which is way off mark. In pyramid schemes all the money flows to the man at the top – whereas in Network Marketing the person who does the most work makes the most money. For example you may belong to a networking business, be it online or offline, and sign someone up. If he does more work than you then he gets more money. See the contrast between a “real” pyramid scheme and a Network Marketing group
Examples of Internet Businesses
This is list is necessarily going to be limited as there are literally hundreds of internet businesses available.
Skinnybody Care – one of several weight loss companies where you participate by buying the product as well as signing up others in a networking arrangement. See SkinnybodyCare.com
Xplocial – again one of several online businesses that provide online training and an affiliate program allowing you to earn commissions by signing up team members. Bonus travel and shopping vouchers are provided to entice sign ups. One of the best people to contact in this business is Paul Turner. Check him out here And by the way, I am not receiving anything by providing this link.
Empower Network – Like Xplocial, EN provides online training with the addition of a blogging platform for a minimal start up cost. Once again, it is a networking system and by becoming an affiliate you are able to sell the system to others and receive commissions. There are acending levels of commisions based upon the level of product you have purchased.
The man for this business is Paul Ingram. Check him out here And again I gain no monetry benefit by providing this link.
Six figure Mentors – Known as SFM. Similar in many ways to Xplocial and EN SFM probably is a more educational system than the others but still operates on an affiliate basis in as much as you buy and partake of their system and onsell it to others. They have a two tier blogging platform – one provided “free” (included in the cost of sign up; and the other comes at a further cost. The man to see for information and help here is Steve Greenhalgh. Check him out here
ACN – This is probably the best networking business I have seen to date. It involves marketing telecommunications and energy in twenty three countries at the moment- and about to move into Mexico. Do you know anyone who uses the internet, telephones (land lines and mobile), electricity and gas as well as merchant services (credit cards – USA)?
Of course you do – we all do.
But the great thing is – that you can receive a commission every time someone uses one of these services in 23 countries of the world!
See my ACN webpage here : www.wilmac.acndirect.com and check out the available videos and products.
Contact me for further information on Contact Us (above) or on my Facebook Business page at www.facebook.com/mcallisterinternet.
Next Blog Post: “How To Market Your Internet Business”
I will give a free digital copy of my Facebook Marketing book to everyone who responds to request it and follows my blog.
HOW TO LIVE A HUNDRED YEARS OR MORE
How to Live A Hundred Years Or More
A recent article in the Adelaide Advertiser noted that there were over 2,700 people in Australia one hundred years or older. The article also suggested that by the year 2055 this number will swell to 78,000!
Obviously we are doing things differently today than say, fifty years ago.
However, even though these figures are heartening, to be sensible, the figures need to be compared to the millions who die prematurely due to preventable causes.
The most common of these would be smoking, drugs and obesity.
And perhaps the worst would be obesity because it affects young and old and all areas of society.
In fact the BBC News reported that “the World Health Organization predicts there will be 2.3 billion overweight adults in the world by 2015 and more than 700 million of them will be obese.”
That’s one third of the earth’s population!
More than likely not many of these will be amongst the 78,000.
With obesity comes diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart and circulatory conditions, and arthritis, to name a few. In fact an article in the Adelaide Advertiser for Tuesday 19th.August suggested that research is also “showing that obesity can be attributed to 39 per cent of cancers of the uterus, 37 per cent of cancers of the oesophagus, 25 per cent of kidney cancers, 11 per cent of colorectal cancers and 9 per cent of post-menopausal cancer.”
The Wellness International Network gives a startling glimpse of the problem with the following list of the figures for the USA. Pro-rata, they would be equivalent for Australia.
- 58 Million Overweight; 40 Million Obese; 3 Million morbidly Obese
- Eight out of 10 over 25’s Overweight
- 78% of American’s not meeting basic activity level recommendations
- 25% completely Sedentary
- 76% increase in Type II diabetes in adults 30-40 yrs old since 1990
- 80% of type II diabetes related to obesity
- 70% of Cardiovascular disease related to obesity
- 42% breast and colon cancer diagnosed among obese individuals
- 30% of gall bladder surgery related to obesity
- 26% of obese people having high blood pressure
Childhood Obesity Running Out of Control
- 4% overweight 1982 | 16% overweight 1994
- 25% of all white children overweight 2001
- 33% African American and Hispanic children overweight 2001
- Hospital costs associated with childhood obesity rising from $35 Million (1979) to $127 Million (1999)
- New study suggests one in four overweight children is already showing early signs of type II diabetes (impaired glucose intolerance)
- 60% already have one risk factor for heart disease
Surge in Childhood Diabetes
- Between 8% – 45% of newly diagnosed cases of childhood diabetes are type II, associated with obesity.
- Whereas 4% of Childhood diabetes was type II in 1990, that number has risen to approximately 20%
- Depending on the age group (Type II most frequent 10-19 group) and the racial/ethnic mix of group stated
- Of Children diagnosed with Type II diabetes, 85% are obese
Again, what does childhood obesity say for the chance of being amongst 78,000 centenarians in 2055? Unfortunately they will be the few survivors of the millions who died prematurely.
Sadly, obesity is having an impact on all facets of society. Seating manufacturers, theatres and airline companies (not to mention clothing manufacturers) are discovering that the average person is becoming wider. Who hasn’t had to accommodate the overflow of an obese fellow passenger sitting alongside on an aeroplane, forcing you to eat like a praying mantis?
But probably not so well known or appreciated is the effect that obesity has on the human spine and other skeletal joints. The increased weight causes the spine to assume abnormal and extreme curves, compromising spinal discs and facet joints. As the accompanying diagram illustrates, obesity causes a forward motion of the centre of gravity. This affects the neck causing the head to tilt forward and upward, often straining neck muscles. The same goes for the lower back due to the corresponding backward movement of the body.
Now that we have been warned, what do we do about it? Well, it is never too late to tackle the problem. One of the first things to do is to see if or how much we are overweight and the best ways to do this is to calculate your Body Mass (weight) which takes in to consideration your height. The Herbalife Company supplies an easy to use and understandable calculator on their website: www.feelterrific.com.au/BMI.htm or you can purchase calipers from chemists, some sports stores, to measure body fat. It’s not hard.
Implement a personal health program.
Once you have determined your situation you need to implement a health program including exercise and nutrition.
Here is a list of things to do:
Ignorance is bliss but it can be deadly. Read books and articles, check the internet, but only implement what appears sound and don’t get carried away with anything too esoteric.
uHave a medical check up with your GP and ascertain your condition (especially before commencing an exercise regime).
Start with a little and build up. Walk around the back yard or down the street until you can venture further afield.
Implement a Nutrition Program.
Get help from a professional by consulting a Naturopath or a holistic Chiropractor to help your program. But commonsense alerts most of us to the right and wrong things we eat.
Stop Smoking (or taking non prescription drugs and excessive drinking). As if we didn’t know these would be on the list.
Now, before I close let me say that we all recognize that life is not fair. All of us know of instances of the few that defy the statistics and despite their lifestyles, reach old age. On the other hand, a friend of mine who was as fit as the proverbial bull died of a heart attack whilst playing squash at 56 years of age. Maybe he should have taken cognizance of the fact that both his parents also died in their fifties due to heart problems.
So what’s the point?
Just this. We need to do our best at keeping fit but have to be comfortable with the variables of life. Accidents, natural disasters, and our genetical background all have an impact on how long we will eventually live.
Maybe you and I will be amongst the 78,000 – if so I will be 109!
Multiple Income Streams
One of the things that I promote as an Internet Entrepreneurial Mentor is to establish multiple income streams.
It’s a bit like purchasing investment properties. You never become emotional attached to the properties you buy – you buy them in the areas where you are going to make the most money ( did I tell you I own investment properties as well?). The best thing to do with properties is to buy them where you are going to get the best rents AND where their values are to rise the quickest.
This is the same with investing in multiple online businesses.
You need to search out the best without getting emotionally attached to the organisation. If its making money (rent) and their value (residual income)is paying dividends then you are on to the right one.
Having selected one and established yourself in the niche you should then endeavour to seek out others and duplicate the process.
Multiple Income Streams
But you may ask, ‘what businesses do I choose?’
It’s a good question because when you do a search on the internet there are hundreds on offer – some good and many – well, not so good.
So what I thought I would do is present a few I have found successful.
Mutiple Income Streams
The first is both an online as well as an offline business but extremely profitable. It is a Muti Level Networking business and you become your own Business Owner.
It involves the world’s biggest global telecommunications and energy company – and you can become involved for a minimal cost – but expect big payouts if you are prepared to put the time in.
It works well in over 23 countries but particulary so in the USA (I am in Australia and it’s great too).
Check this one out HERE
This picture is an illustration of what you can do. This 30 year old young guy believed in his product so much that he was able to convey this belief to those he spoke to and quickly built his business up and enabled him to buy cars that were the passion of his life.
Multiple Income Streams
Another business worthy of mention is the SkinnyBodyCare weight loss business.
Did you know that “weight loss” is the biggest business on the internet?
Because of this there is huge potential for you to make money – but the trick is to become involved in a company that is able to deliver on its promises and advertisements – and the SkinnyBodyCare company is one of them.
I should know. I am a professional involved in the health care industry and as far as I am concerned this company delivers a fair priced and safe commodity as well as a ton of support to its customers as well as to its sales people.
Check it out HERE
Multiple Income Streams
Another I have found valuable is called Xplocial.
This one provides digital products in the form of motivational training, internet business – travel and accomodation and shopping vouchers – and more – as well as money.
Check this one out HERE
There is another but I will leave it here – suffice to say that there are always opportunities available to develop multiple income streams on the internet
Multiple Income Streams
If you need help please feel free to contact me via this blog (leave comment)
- or by my phone – +61 407 820 043
- or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or www.facebook.com/mcallisterinternet.
Face Book Marketing System
There are almost four billion users of Face Book. Who would have thought a few years ago that there would be such a social platform as Face Book?
And yet here it is, changing the way the average person contacts family, friends and business associates as well as providing an advertising medium that attrracts possible customers by the millions – more than some of the biggest newspapers in the world!
And it’s free!
Savvy entrepeneurs quickly took advantage of advertising on Face Book awhile ago and have made the proverbial “killing”, raking in thousands of dollars a week
But the good news is that there are still heaps of opportunities out there in Face Book for new entrepeneurs to become millionaires.
Facebook Marketing System
The answer lies in marketing
Blogging, like I’m doing here is a good form of marketing (more of that in another blog).
Paid FB advertisements are also a profitable way – if you know what you are doing (contact me and I will help you – you help me and I will help you).
Posting on your page is also good – with this caveat – FB does not like you posting your business on a private page – you need to get a business page (free – and easy) and establish for yourself a business entitiy.
Then there is Face Book Marketing Systems like mine. It enable you to target your audience to over 1,500 groups, many of these who have over 10,000 members!
Got a fishing product? Then advertise to the fishing groups of the whole world. What about weight loss products; jewellrey; golf products; written a book?; candles; – you name it – they are found in Face Book groups.
Whoever you want to market to, or whatever you want to market – you need my Face Book Marketing System and you can get it by leaving a message below or by checking it out HERE
THE BLOGBEAST IS HERE NOW
The Revolutionary Blogging Platform is here now.
The new platform will boast some extraordinary features.- besides the fact the present platform already has a preloaded webpage based on the WordPress platform so there are no development of web pages, hosting problems or getting a domain – all done and dusted. The revolutionary new ENV2 also will have:
- Viral blogging platform pre-set up
- Mobile app to make blogging simpler and more viral
- Create videos in minutes
- Cause WordPress to become the dominant blogging platform in the world
- Simple to use even for newbies